I hope you had a great weekend. I have been getting a lot of great feedback on all the games that have been posted on my blog. Today I am sharing with you one of the students favorite games. This is a game you want to save toward the last few weeks of school.
Click on the picture above to download the folder for the Deal or No Deal Game. Once you download it, you will need to keep the audio files in the same folder the game is in. Here are the instructions on how the fifth graders played this game last week for our technology review.
1. You can randomly draw the students and they can pick a number on the money game board.
2. The teacher clicks on the number and reveals the cash amount and question.
3. The student needs to get the correct answer to win the amount shown on the slide.
4. To get back to the money game board, click on the house on the bottom right of the slide.
5. The number the student just chose will be replaced with an X on it. Also, you will need to click on the rectangle that had the dollar amount and it will go away.
6. Have some scratch paper ready where you can write the amount the student wins. Give it to the student to hold.
7. The teacher continues to draw more names and students pick different numbers.
8. The winner of the game is the student who answers the correct question with the highest dollar amount written on their scratch paper.
Another option you can use are small rectangle post it notes with the dollar amount written on it. If the student misses the question you can add an effect by tearing up the check. Make sure you tell your students you are playing with play money.
You and your students will enjoy this game, especially with the deal or no deal music playing in the background. You will need to click in the boxes on the slides to type your own questions before you and your students play the game.
You do not need to type the answers to the questions on the slides. You want to make sure you have the correct answers to all questions at your fingertips. I hope you enjoy this game. I will see you next week with another exciting topic.